Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A friend at church brings this to our potluck meals. It is always very popular. She usually uses red and green apples and bananas for her fresh fruit choices.
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks, in natural juices
- 99.22 g boxcook and serve vanilla pudding
- 946.36 ml mixed fresh fruit (apples, bananas, grapes, kiwi etc.)
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans or 177.44 ml walnuts
- 78.07 ml coconut
- 113.39 g maraschino cherries, optional for garnish
- whipped topping (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice & set pineapple aside. In saucepan, combine pineapple juice and pudding mix. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Cool.
- Combine pineapple and other fruits, nuts and coconut in large salad bowl. Add dressing and stir to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with cherries and whipped topping if desired.