Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 min
Oh yum. This is something new for the palette that most people have in their pantry already.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits
- 1 (6 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant lemon pudding
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) can pears, cut up
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) can apricots, cut up
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) can peaches, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice. Dissolve orange juice concentrate in the pineapple juice.
- Mix instant pudding into the juice, add sliced bananas, pears, apricots, and peaches (bite sizes). Add drained oranges and pineapple. Mix and let stand for 24 hours in refrigerator.
This is a delightful fruit salad, and not just for winter! Used a combination of canned fruits from the pantry, and fresh apricots and peaches from the garden. Really tasty, a great combination of flavors! Thanks Jess4Freedom. Made for Summer Salads in the Photos forum.
Size of cans for fruit seems off. I read 2 1/2 pound cans for some of fruit. That totals over 8-9 pounds of fruit and only serves six servings. I just used two cans pineapple and one each of 15 oz cans of other fruits. With pudding mixed in, it measured over 8 cups of salad. Not sure your serving size but this was plenty for 12 people at our dinner.