Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Home Cooking in the Global Village by Richard Wilk and it looked pretty tasty. I modified it from the original a bit.
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned pineapple chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can apricots, cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam or 1 tablespoon jelly or 1 tablespoon red currant jam or 1 tablespoon jelly
- 2 oranges or 10 ounces mandarin oranges
- 2 bananas
- 1 lemons, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- Drain the juice from the pineapple and apricots into a small saucepan and add sugar and jam or jelly and simmer so it thickens slightly to make syrup.
- Cut oranges into small sections, removing all the white pith.
- Slice bananas thinly and mix all fruits together in a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over fruit.
- Pour syrup over fruit and gently mix.