Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and delicious! I serve this for breakfast on holidays and I always make it the day ahead.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 3 -4 unpeeled apples, chopped (use green and red)
- 2 -3 bananas (sliced)
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, orange juice and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, apples and bananas. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Wonderful recipe! I used what I had in the fridge and bought some blueberries to add as well. I had pears, 3 kinds of apples, nectarine, orange slices, the pineapple and bananas. I didn't add the bananas until right before serving, but made the dish the day before our brunch. Not too sweet (which is what I was afraid of), and even my husband ate the leftovers . Husband works out in the heat and said he wanted me to keep in the fridge this summer when it is too hot for him to eat a heavy lunch......that probably in itself makes it a 10 star recipe!
Can't wait to try with kiwi & strawberries....
I made this to go with our biscuits and gravy the other night and itwas a nice compliment. I didn't have much for fruit, so this was a nice recipe to stumble on. We loved it. DH kept sneaking more out of the fridge....lol. Thankyou for sharing.
Absolutely wonderful and delicious! I first made this for a dinner at our church and it was gone in a flash & I never got a taste so I made it again for our family. This is so fantastic. I love the unpeeled apples (used Red & Golden Delicious combo) - it just gives this a nice crunch. The sauce is divine and not overly sweet so it does not take away from the fresh fruit at all!! I could see adding a bit of coconut and sliced almonds to this too and use as a dessert. Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic recipe!