Recipe by Dib's
I love chops this way, but then again I'm a cranberry freak. I turn up the oven a bit on the last part and sometimes add some soy sauce and pineapple to the recipe.
Top Review by Nat Da Brat
This is a great recipe, soooo tasty. I used 4 centre cut chops 1" thick. I did not have fresh cranberries, so I used 1/3 cup of sultana raisins and 1/2 cup of canned whole cranberries. I only had 12 grain bread and used 3 slices since I only had 4 chops.Cooked as stated and turned up to 375 for the final 15 minutes. Chops came out tender, juicy and had tons of flavour. The "stuffing" came out with a nice crusty outer layer.This will definetely be made often in our house!
- 6 thick pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large oranges
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 slices white bread, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet brown chops in a small amount of butter or oil-remove and place in a casserole dish in a single layer-salt and pepper them.
- Cut 6 slices from the middle of the oranges.
- Squeeze juice from remaining orange pieces and the last whole one.
- You will want 1/2 cup juice plus 3 T.
- Set aside the 3 T.
- Mix the 1/2 cup juice with the brown sugar and pour over chops.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile dice bread, cranberries, celery and add to that salt and juice in a small bowl.
- Pull chops out of the oven, place an orange slice on each and mound with cranberry "stuffing".
- Spoon on some juice from the pan; return to oven and bake for 15 minutes longer.