Very versatile fruit dish that's easy to prepare. My favourite dried fruits to use are raisins and dried apricots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly slivered
- 1 cup dried fruit (your choice, any combination)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned,seeds removed
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled,cored,quartered and cut into small slices
- 1In large saucepan, combine sugar, water and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add dried fruit and bring back to a boil; immediately reduce heat to low simmer.
- 3Cook, uncovered, until fruit is not quite tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add cranberries and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries pop.
- 5Stir in orange and apple.
- 6Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- 7For dessert, serve warm over ice cream, or at room temperature over a plain cake, such as angel food cake or pound cake.
- 8Can also be served with yogurt; makes a particularly nice breakfast.
Nutritional Facts for Winter Fruit Compote
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: