Recipe by Mirj
This is very easy, you can make it in the microwave and it tastes like you slaved over it all day.
Top Review by ladypit
This is quite tasty. I used mostly dried apricots plus some raisins, and a bit more ginger as I love the stuff. I've been eating this cold as a way to deal with so-so oranges. Really easy and very pretty.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 3 small oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine juice and brown sugar in a microwavable bowl.
- Stir in dried fruits.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until fruit is plump.
- Stir at least once half way through cooking time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let cool before serving.