Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very easy, you can make it in the microwave and it tastes like you slaved over it all day.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces mixed dried fruit
- 3 small oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine juice and brown sugar in a microwavable bowl.
- Stir in dried fruits.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until fruit is plump.
- Stir at least once half way through cooking time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let cool before serving.
This is quite tasty. I used mostly dried apricots plus some raisins, and a bit more ginger as I love the stuff. I've been eating this cold as a way to deal with so-so oranges. Really easy and very pretty.