Recipe by christina white
A sweet-tart combo that adds a colorful accent to any meal, especially over the holidays. From Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- 3 medium grapefruits (about 3 cups fruit)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 medium bananas
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To section grapefruit, cut off the ends of the grapefruit, then use a long, thin-bladed knife to cut out the core.
- Resting one end of the grapefruit on a cutting board, cut off the peel in strips.
- Peel the grapefruit apart and simply lift or pull each segment off the membrane, working over a bowl to catch juices.
- Set grapefruit sections aside (should have about 3 cups).
- Add enough water to the reserved grapefruit juice to measure 1 cup.
- In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup grapefruit juice, sugar, and marmalade.
- Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar; reduce heat.
- Add cranberries; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until skins pop.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Add grapefruit sections.
- Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, slice bananas and stir into chilled grapefruit mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.