Recipe by Boomette
Apples and cranberries together, it's so delicious. And a crisp! Even more :P
Top Review by HokiesMom
Boomie - you have a wonderfully perfect dessert here. I loved the bled of flavors with the apples (used Gala) and cranberries. I did add a dash of nutmeg with the cinnamon as I love that combo but outside of that followed this exactly as written. I did serve it with a small scoop of frozen vanilla bean yogurt too. Can't wait to warm up the leftovers for dessert tomorrow too! 8 servings is a great measurement as that is exactly how many I'll have when we finish it tomorrow. Thanks for a great recipe! Tagged and made for the WTTM tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 cups apples, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Filling : In a medium bowl combine sugar, flour and lemon peel; mix well.
- Add apples and cranberries; stir to mix.
- Spoon into a 6-cup baking dish.
- Topping : In a small bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter; stir to mix.
- Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 375 F for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.