Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes out of the kids party handbook and is really cute to do. You can do many variations for different holidays
- 20 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- colored candy sprinkles, red & green combo
- red pull apart licorice whips, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
- M&M's plain chocolate candy
- miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- fruit leather, cut into 4 " lengths
- cake decorating gel, in green,black,and orange
- white cake decorator frosting, with flower tip
- ice cream stick
- Spread peanut butter onto the flat side of the cookies.
- Place an ice cream stick into the peanut butter on half the cookies.
- Top with another cookie so the stick is sandwiched between the two cookies.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- The best method is using a double boiler.
- If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a heat proof bowl which is large enough to be suspended over a pot without its bottom touching the simmering water.
- Simmer the water over low heat and stir the chocolate often.
- Remove from the heat as soon as the chocolate is melted and stir until smooth.
- Dip cookie pops in the melted chips, covering completely.
- Roll pops in red and green sprinkles and lay or stand on waxed paper or paper plates.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Variations: You can make flags, faces, hearts-- here are a few suggestions Snowmen-- Using a licorice whip, while chocolate is still warm on pop, form headband and position two regular sized M&M candies as ear muffs.
- Lie pop flat on waxed paper and let cool.
- When cool, use black decorator gel for eyes and mouth and orange for the nose.
- Gently wrap a fruit roll up around the bottom of the cookie at the stick.
- Santa-- While chocolate is still warm, dip top of pop into red sprinkles for Santa's hat.
- Lie flat on waxed paper and let cool.
- When cool, dot top of hat with white decorator icing using flower tip.
- Use flower tip and white icing to add his beard and line the brim of his hat.
- Use black decorator gel to dot on eyes.
- Holly-- While chocolate is still warm, position to red mini M&M candies off center in the chocolate.
- Let cool.
- When cool, use green decorator gel to draw on holly leaves, fill in.
Great Recipe. I agree that the cookies want to come apart when you dip them, so I spooned the chocolate over too. Fun to decorate, versatile for any holiday or occasion!
Not only were these fun to make and adorable...they tasted great too!! I had a little problem with the cookies not wanting to stick together when I dipped them in the chocolate (I don't think I pressed them together hard enough), so I ended up spooning the chocolate over the pops instead. I made these for my department at work for halloween. I drew ghost faces w/decorator gel, then I covered each ghost pop with a long flowing sheet (of parchment paper). The decorator gel bled on the the paper a little, but it was still cute!!! Thanks for posting this fun recipe!!