Recipe by Dancer^
Enjoy this panini with jalapeno-flavoured havarti or feta and replace basil with spinach leaves.
Top Review by ~Bekah~
I can't believe I'm the first one to review this awesome sandwich! This is totally devine. The pesto just makes this incredible. I used Havarti and baby spinach instead of the mozzarella and basil, as suggested in the intro. We both just swooned. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 panini rolls, split lengthwise, leave sides attached
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 marinated red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- On barbecue, under broiler, or in a toaster oven, grill chicken over medium heat for 6 to 12 minutes.
- Turn once halfway through cooking.
- Cut chicken in thin slices.
- Spread pesto on each half of panini.
- Fill each panini with chicken, 3 basil leaves, mushrooms, sliced pepper and mozzarella.
- Heat on grill, or in a frying pan, flattening with a spatula.