Recipe by Sue's Kitchen
This should warm you up!! Just the smell in the house makes my mouth water. I treated my neighbour to some last week and she keeps asking when I will make some more. "Good for the heart" comfort. Enjoy.
Top Review by mersaydees
This is good! I made this as directed. For my family, this needed more direction or intensity of flavor. I so appreciate that tastes can be different and for those who appreciate a mellow comfort-food flavor, this is your dish! Thanks, Sue's Kitchen! Made for Spring 2011 PAC.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up (or use drumsticks, thighs or breast to your preference)
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chunked
- 3 potatoes, chunked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth (or water and chicken bouillon)
- 25 g chicken gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Put carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic and onion in bottom of slow cooker. Note: Add frozen peas after about 4 hours of cooking.
- 2. Mix chicken broth with gravy mix and basil.
- 3. Add chicken and bay leaf to slow cooker.
- 4. Pour chicken broth mixture over everything in slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Cover and cook for 7 hours, or until done. (7 hours works well for me).
- 6. Break out the crusty bread and enjoy.