Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
After looking over several different chili recipes, I created my own.... and it was a hit! Enjoy on a cold day with cornbread and honey-butter!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 (25 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (25 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (25 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown ground beef adding onion and garlic towards the end of browning over medium heat.
- Add everything else.
- Let it cook and stew for at least an hour -- preferably longer.
- I like to make it in the crockpot and let it cook all day long.
- And it is even better the next day!