Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for a cold, blustery day.
- 4 slice bacon, diced
- 236.59 ml chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 828.06 ml chicken stock
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or other white bean)
- 118.29 ml diced cooked chicken
- 411.06 g can whole tomatoes, including juice, chopped
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste, amount will depend on how salty your chicken stock is)
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a big soup pot over medium heat, cook the bacon until the fat renders, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute in the bacon drippings until tender and the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the parmesan.
- Decrease heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan sprinkled on top.
This soup is so incredibly easy and delicious. I tweaked it a little by using turkey bacon, fat free chicken broth, and omitting the extra salt. Big flavor for little effort. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)