Elly in Canada's Note:
An adopted recipe originally posted by Mean Chef. When you've got leftover chicken on hand, Winter Chicken Salad With Chipotle Cream Dressing will warm you up in a hurry. You can adjust the fire power according to your own taste, using as much chipotle puree as your household will appreciate. Toss crunchy bok choy with slivers of ruffled red cabbage, spicy cilantro, shredded sweet carrots and fresh green onions. Top it off with Chipotle Cream Dressing, which also tastes fabulous on grilled chicken or fish. This fabulous yet easy-to-make sauce is based on tinned chipotles (smoked jalapeno peppers), which you puree and add judiciously. The remainder will keep a long, long, time in the refrigerator, so you can spoon a little into marinades, soups, stews, sauces and salad dressings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup sweet carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stemmed
- 1 ripe apple, chopped
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, stemmed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons parsley, stemmed
CHIPOTLE CREAM DRESSING
- 1In a bowl, combine all ingredients but parsley.
- 2Toss gently, drizzle with Chipotle Cream Dressing (see below), and serve, garnished with parsley.
- 3Dressing:In a blender or food processor, puree chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- 4Add 1 to 2 tablespoons (to taste) of the puree to the crème fraîche, heavy cream or sour cream and stir well.
- 5Stir in garlic, salt, and pumpkin seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Chicken Salad With Chipotle Cream Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.1
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 199.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo