Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken tenderloins, washed and cubed
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 16 ounces great northern beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. When oil is very hot, add onion and garlic; saute until onion begins to brown, Add cubed chicken and brown on all sides; add chopped jalapeno, coriander, cumin, crushed tomatoes and beans.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes; add juice of one lime and stir in the corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook chicken chili, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes longer; serve with sour cream, chopped red onion and chopped cilantro.