1/1 Photo of Winter Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
Xiola Blue's Note:
This is a reciepe I found in a pamphlet from BC Natural Chicken at Wild Oates. It is easy and very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2In a small bowl combine salt, sugar and spices.
- 3Coat chicken evenly with seasoning, sprinkling a little in cavity, and rubbing the rest into skin.
- 4Wrap in plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- 5Heat oven to 500°F.
- 6In a small roasting pan, place chicken breast side down on a rack.
- 7After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 450 F, turn bird breast side up, and roast 15 minutes more.
- 8Reduce heat to 425 F, baste chicken with released juices, and cook 30 minutes more, or until temperature at leg reads 160°F.
- 9Remove chicken from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.5
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 1323.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 42.8 g