Recipe by Xiola Blue
This is a reciepe I found in a pamphlet from BC Natural Chicken at Wild Oates. It is easy and very good.
Top Review by Diana 2
This is the absolute *BEST* roast chicken I've ever made, or eaten for that matter. The flavour is wonderful, and the crispy skin is to die for. The best part is the juicy meat underneath. I was a little scared of the very high temperature, but there was no need to be. Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine salt, sugar and spices.
- Coat chicken evenly with seasoning, sprinkling a little in cavity, and rubbing the rest into skin.
- Wrap in plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- In a small roasting pan, place chicken breast side down on a rack.
- After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 450 F, turn bird breast side up, and roast 15 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to 425 F, baste chicken with released juices, and cook 30 minutes more, or until temperature at leg reads 160°F.
- Remove chicken from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before carving.