This is a reciepe I found in a pamphlet from BC Natural Chicken at Wild Oates. It is easy and very good.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine salt, sugar and spices.
- Coat chicken evenly with seasoning, sprinkling a little in cavity, and rubbing the rest into skin.
- Wrap in plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- In a small roasting pan, place chicken breast side down on a rack.
- After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 450 F, turn bird breast side up, and roast 15 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to 425 F, baste chicken with released juices, and cook 30 minutes more, or until temperature at leg reads 160°F.
- Remove chicken from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before carving.