My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1GARNISH: scallion curls or Herbed Garlic Croutons (optional).
- 2In Dutch oven or 4-5 qt saucepan, heat oil.
- 3Stir in carrots and onion; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, increase heat, and cover.
- 5When mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to med and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 6Top with garnish if desired.
- 7VARIATIONS: - add 1/2 cup raisins-cook soup until they are plump &amp; tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 506.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: