1/2 Photos of Winter Cake
1 hr 20 mins
* Pamela *'s Note:
I made this cake for my daughter Kezia's 4th birthday. It was a winter themed party and my husband even built a little toboggan slide in our backyard. This is a fun cake to make and a real show piece! A little time consuming, but worth every smile on my daughter's face! Prep time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamy supreme vanilla frosting
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
Hill and Pond
- 1Decorating Ideas: Trees made from Bugle (horn shaped corn snacks) and pretzel trunks Marshmallow snowmen sporting gumdrop hats and noses and fruit by the foot chewy fruit snack roll scarves Teddy Grahams with chewing gum skates, gummy ring inner tubes or gum stick toboggans Ice Teddy Grahams with Mittens, Scarves, and Earmuffs.
- 2Bake cake as directed on package in 2, 9 inch round pans, using water, oil, and eggs.
- 3Cool 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from pans; cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- 5Freeze one layer for at least 20 minutes.
- 6In medium bowl, combine frosting and marshmallow creme, beating until smooth.
- 7Place room temperature cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate.
- 8Frost top of cake.
- 9Place frozen cake later, rounded side up, on cutting board.
- 10To make pound in cake layer, use small sharp knife to cut out an irregular 6x4 oval shaped hole, no closer than 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the cake.
- 11Remove oval piece from cake.
- 12Place frozen cake layer, rounded side up, on top of frosted cake layer.
- 13Frost side and top of cake.
- 14Thickly frost inside of the pond being sure to seal completely.
- 15Cut oval piece in half lengthwise.
- 16Place 1 half on top of cake close to the pond for sliding hill.
- 17Secure by inserting pretzels into the hill.
- 18Frost hill.
- 19Use other half to feed anxiously watching child Prepare jello as directed for speed set using the hot water and ice cubes.
- 20Carefully spoon slightly thickened gelatin into the pond to within 1/4 inch of the top of cake.
- 21Decorate as you desire, using ideas mentioned.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5747.6
- Calories from Fat 1759
- Total Fat 195.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 5007.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 958.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 742.8 g
- Protein 44.3 g