Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick vegetarian recipe I enjoy. Recipe gotten online quite awhile back, I don't remember the source
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild indian curry paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (19 ounce) cansmixed beans
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, diluted in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 baby bok choy, sliced thinly and thick white ends removed (keep for another use) or 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach, rinsed and trimmed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooked white rice or brown rice
- plain yogurt
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil; add onion and garlic and saute for approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste, cumin, curry powder, and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomato, bay leaf, and chicken or vegetable stock; bring to a boil, scraping the bits off the bottom.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft.
- Add beans, apple, mango chutney, and cornstarch mixture; simmer several minutes longer.
- Add bok choy or spinach and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and remove bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and serve with white or brown rice.
- Pass around plain yogurt and additional chutney for toppings.