Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is really easy and quick to set up. I live on a 3rd floor apartment building. I like to grill but to go up and down just to cook out is a tedious endevour. So I found a way to turn my oven in to a grill. I've only gotten good reviews on my BBQ chicken.
- 16 -32 ounces barbecue sauce, approximately 2 to 4 bottles
- 1 -2 lb chicken piece
- aluminum foil
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In sauce pan bring BBQ sauce to a slowboil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- While the sauce is heating grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Rinse off chicken and pat dry(helps for sauce to stick to chicken pieces).
- Using tongs dip chicken into heated sauce and place into 9x13 baking dish.
- Make sure chicken dosen't over lap.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken making sure there isn't an ecess in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in over at 500 degrees.
- After 15 min turn temp down to 350 degrees and continue to cook for 1 hour and 20 minute.
- Take foil off chicken and continue cooking for 20 minute.
- Let stand for 5 min for it will be very hot.