Recipe by Dib's
I like making this when I get that canning itch in the middle of a Calgary winter! Very, very nice on toasted english muffins or as a topping for home baked muffins.
- 4 cups dried apricots
- 4 cups boiling water
- 7 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed slivered almonds
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, drain and chop apricots and place in a large bowl.
- Pour 4 cups of boiling water over apricots and let stand 48 hours.
- Pour into a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until misture measures 4 cups; add sugar, almonds and lemon juice.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add pectin and stir well.
- Skim top if needed and ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head space, seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- This jam is slow in setting so give it a week and don't panic.