Recipe by jhart82
The base for this jelly is unsweetened apple juice, so there's no peeling! It's perfect for making during cold months when you still crave the cozy flavors of fall but good apples aren't as readily available. -- Recipe from Taste of Home Canning & Preserving Magazine 2012 Edition. Process: 5 minutes -- Yields: 7 half-pints
- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 3⁄4 ounces powdered fruit pectin (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 -6 drops red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, combine the apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and food coloring (if desired). Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the hear; skim off foam. Stir in cinnamon. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.