Chef #208121's Note:
I used butternut squash in the recipe. The wife was rolling her eyes while I was making this but after a large plate went back for seconds. We had left overs today and she said "It is as good as I remember."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups adzuki beans, cooked
- 1 sheet dulse seaweed, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons tan sesame seeds, roasted
- 1/4 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1/4 cup squash or 1/4 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions or 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped
- dark sesame oil, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- tamari soy sauce (or Braggs)
- 2 teaspoons hing (or more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Note: The original recipe called for 2 tbsp dark sesame oil. I did not use that amount. If I feel I need it as in this recipe I will add drops until I get to the correct taste for me. Feel free to use the 2 tbsp if needed. And to add it where I omitted it and not add it where I put it inches.
- 2Heat oil in a cast iron skillet.[Note I omitted this and used water].
- 3Add the onions and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Place the squash or pumpkin and rice and beans on top of the onions. Add several drops of water and several drops of soy sauce. Add the sesame oil. Also add the Hing and the pepper.
- 4Cover and reduce the flame to low. Steam the rice and vegetables until hot. Remove the cover, and place the scallions or leeks on top of the rice.
- 5Add several more drops of soy sauce. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes until the scallions or leeks are tender and bright green. Remove the cover, mix in the sesame seeds, taste and adjust seasonings and place in a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Adzuki Fried Rice Hinged
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: