Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My neighbor Winnie makes the best kolackies. We end up fighting over them. The only problem is, there are never enough! They are light an OH SO GOOD! Prepare ahead of time and allow to firm up in the refrigerator before rolling & cutting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 12 ounces fruit filling, ie. Solo brand
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar, Add egg yolk and blend.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter mixture and blend well.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Lightly flour surface to be used for rolling cookie dough.
- Roll out to 1/4" thick; cut cookie shape with cookie cutter
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make a depression in the center of each cookie with your thumb or back of spoon. Place one teaspoon of fruit filling in center of each cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned. Cool.
- Sprinkle generously with confectioner's sugar.