Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These savory cookies have always been a favorite of mine. They are great appetizers, since they can be made ahead, but I eat them as snacks too. In Vermont I have access to great flavored Cabot cheese which I like to use to give these some variety. Onion-Chive and Habanero both work well. This recipe came from my grandmother, Winnie.
- 1 cup very soft butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (5 oz)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Mix butter and cheese together well with mixer.
- Add Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- Slowly add flour.
- When mixed, add rice crispies.
- Roll into small (1 inch) balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes.
- They should look lightly brown, but may still be soft until they cool.
- Cool on baking rack.
- These freeze well.
Tabassco in cookies??? These were nice and crisp and tasted fine but they just did not seem like a cookie to me. I may try some variations next time. I like the cheese.
They were okay but I don't think I would make them again.