1/2 Photos of Winnie's Brown Sugar Delight
This is a recipe of my mother's that I didn't find until after she died. One dough makes 6 different types of icebox cookie. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dates, raisins, currants, prunes, figs or 1/3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds, pecans, peanuts, brazil nuts or 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 2Beat shortening and sugar together until fluffy.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- 4Combine mixtures and mix well.
- 5Divide dough into six portions.
- 6Leave one portion plain.
- 7Mix ingredients for one of the variations into each of the other portions.
- 8Shape each portion into a roll.
- 9Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 11Slice dough very thin.
- 12Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winnie's Brown Sugar Delight
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 120
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g