Recipe by Cookin Kit
Don't Say, "Gross!" until you've tried them. Seriously, this is an amazing combinaton. My husband turned his nose up the first time I told him what kind of sandwich I was making him. He now requests them regularly. This recipe comes from the "Winnie-the-Pooh's Picnic Cookbook". These are a great sandwiches to take to the park on a Sunday afternoon, however we tend to eat them more for breakfast or brunch. One day I made them, cut them in to quarters and took them to my office. Everyone loved them. They were all pleasantly surprised. They also make a great conversation piece. It gets everyone talking about weird things they eat (ex. ketchup & pickle sandwiches). I assure you these are MUCH better than ketchup & pickle sandwiches. TRY THEM!!
Top Review by Darkhunter
Pretty good! I've had p'nut butter and apple sandwiches before, but never tried them with sprouts. However, the sprouts I used were bean sprouts as we are not too fond of the alfalfa. Served as a brunch with your #65106. Thnx for posting, Kit. Made for Fall 2008 PAC
- 18 slices bacon
- 12 slices bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 3 crisp apples, sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon as directed& drain on paper towels.
- I like to use the pre-cooked bacon that you just heat up in microwave.
- Lightly toast bread and spread with peanut butter.
- Layer with bacon (3 strips per sandwich), apple and alfalfa sprouts.
- Remember the alfalfa sprouts are optional.
- Top with remaining slice of bread& cut in half.