1/3 Photos of Winner's Spaghetti Casserole
This fast, easy recipe is a real family pleaser! I have used this recipe for many years as my good old stand-by for potlucks and tailgate parties. I have also baked this recipe in two smaller pans, keeping one for my family and bringing the other over to a new mother or neighbor as a welcome gift. This is my version of one I found in a community cookbook called "Enough to Feed an Army." (NOTE: Updated the amount of the spaghetti, I also now use a smaller box of pasta in this, even though the original called for a 1 pound box)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 -16 ounce) package thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Place cooked spaghetti in a deep 1.5 quart oval baking dish or a glass 9x13" casserole.
- 3In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through;drain fat and stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 4Heat over low heat, covered, until warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- 6Add onions and peppers to the butter and saute until just lightly browned.
- 7Cut up cream cheese into small chunks and add to the onion mixture; stir until melted and well combined.
- 8Pour half of the meat sauce over the cooked spaghetti.
- 9Pour all of the cream cheese sauce over the first layer of meat sauce, using a spatula to spread evenly.
- 10Pour remaining meat sauce over the cream cheese layer, again using a spatula to spread evenly.
- 11Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top to taste.
- 12Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes or warm and bubbly.
- 13Remove cover and bake 5 minutes more.
- 14This can be prepared ahead, refrigerated, and not baked until the following day, if desired (if you do, allow extra baking time).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winner's Spaghetti Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g