Recipe by Jennifer Peterson
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love crispy breaded chicken. I wanted to come up with something I could coat the chicken in besides buttermilk that would make it moist and very flavorful. Ranch dressing is my absolute favorite condiment and dip practically everything in it. So I thought instead of buttermilk, why not Ranch!
- 2 large chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
- 10 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Saute the garlic and shallot on medium heat until soft. Add the spinach, goat cheese and ranch dressing. Stir until well incorporated, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In separate bowls, add ranch dressing and panko mixed with parmesan.
- Take the chicken breasts and make a slit in the thickest part of the chicken to form a pocket. Do not cut all the way through. Stuff the breasts with some of the spinach mixture. Take the toothpicks and thread the chicken shut.
- Take each breast and carefully dip in the dressing, shaking off the excess then dredge in the panko/parmesan mixture, making sure to coat the breasts very well. Place on a baking sheet fitted with a rack coated with cooking spray. Setting the chicken on the rack above the pan will ensure the chicken will be cooked evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through.