Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These crisp-charred chicken wings are bathed in a spiced butter sauce.
Make and share this Wings Smokestack Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mild hot sauce
- 1 cup old bay seasoning lemon, juice of
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together salt, paprika, garlic and onion powders, thyme, oregano, both peppers, sage, and cayenne. Toss wings with spices in bowl; chill 4 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the sauce: Whisk together butter, hot sauce, Old Bay, and lemon juice in a large bowl, and then pour half into another large bowl; set both aside.
- 3. Prepare your grill using the kettle grill, bullet smoker, or gas grill method, (see links for instructions) using oak wood chunks or chips (see Fuel and Flavor). Place chicken wings on grill grate. Maintaining a temperature of 225°-250° (if using a kettle grill or bullet smoker, replenish fire with unlit coals, as needed, to maintain temperature; see instructions) cook, turning once, for 20 minutes. Toss chicken wings in half the sauce; return to grill and cook until well browned and tender, about 25 minutes. Toss chicken wings in remaining bowl of sauce and serve.