Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Rachael Ray. It is absolutely delicious, and very easy to make. You can adjust the heat to your tastes.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons McCormick grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning (eyeball it)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza dough, Pillsbury
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, 4 generous handfuls
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Place the chicken on a plate and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season it with the grill seasoning.
- When the grill pan is hot, cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side, until it is cooked through.
- Stretch the dough to form a pizza, using cornmeal or flour to hekp you handle it.
- If you let it rest and warm up for a few minutes, it will handle more easily.
- Set the pizza on a pizza pan to the side.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the Worcestershire, hot sauce, and tomato sauce.
- (**Personal note: To cut down on the heat, we used 2 Tbsp hot sauce and 1 cup of tomato sauce.).
- Remove the chicken from the grill pan and slice it thin.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Cover the pizza dough with the saucy Buffalo chicken, cheeses, and scallions.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until crisp.
This is really good! Most buffalo chicken pizza recipes just use ranch or blue cheese dressing as the sauce, but this has a spicy kick to it. I added sliced onions and sauteed fresh mushrooms and used 2 c. of pizza cheese on top. Thanks for sharing.
This is the best buffalo chicken pizza I have ever had! I really like blue cheese on the pizza as opposed to a blue cheese dressing. It gave it a much bigger flavor. I will definitely make this again.
I left out the blue cheese because my husband doesn't like it and I used a homemade crust and dark meat chicken. This was delicious!! I will definitely make it again. It is fairly spicy, though, be warned. Especially if you use the McCormick "spicy montreal steak" seasoning.