Recipe by billikers
This recipe is from Rachael Ray. It is absolutely delicious, and very easy to make. You can adjust the heat to your tastes.
Top Review by Lucky Clover
This is really good! Most buffalo chicken pizza recipes just use ranch or blue cheese dressing as the sauce, but this has a spicy kick to it. I added sliced onions and sauteed fresh mushrooms and used 2 c. of pizza cheese on top. Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons McCormick grill seasoning, such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning (eyeball it)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza dough, Pillsbury
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, 4 generous handfuls
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Place the chicken on a plate and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season it with the grill seasoning.
- When the grill pan is hot, cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side, until it is cooked through.
- Stretch the dough to form a pizza, using cornmeal or flour to hekp you handle it.
- If you let it rest and warm up for a few minutes, it will handle more easily.
- Set the pizza on a pizza pan to the side.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the Worcestershire, hot sauce, and tomato sauce.
- (**Personal note: To cut down on the heat, we used 2 Tbsp hot sauce and 1 cup of tomato sauce.).
- Remove the chicken from the grill pan and slice it thin.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Cover the pizza dough with the saucy Buffalo chicken, cheeses, and scallions.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until crisp.