Recipe by Bella Rachelle
This recipe was featured on a show called "Calling all Cooks" that used to be on Food Network. The man who featured this recipe is Steve Vandegrift, and if I remember correctly, he is a Fireman who makes this for his station all the time. And we know those Firemen CAN cook! These are by far the BEST homemade wings I've ever eaten!! All the glory goes to Steve!
- 7 -8 lbs chicken wings
For the Sauce
- 2 cups red hot sauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chili vinegar (I use Zaar #237982)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
For the seasonings
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red peppers (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce combine all the ingredients and warm on a stove or microwave, then put in spray bottle and set aside.
- In a large bowl put the wings in it and pour some hot sauce over them, toss to coat. Add seasoning mixture to the wings and toss to coat.
- Place wings on grill, smoker or in the oven and slow cook them at a low temperature. After 20 minutes baste/mist with sprayer at least every 10 minutes. Flip them after you mist them. Total cooking time should be around 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours, depending on the heat of your grill. They're done when they break at the joint or you can break the wing tip off.
- Enjoy these wings, they will be a hit at any gathering!