Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
easy to make and zingy
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 cup black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 cup chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup paprika
- 1⁄8 cup dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red peppers
- Combine first 4 ingredients and warm on stove or in microwave, then put in a spray bottle and set aside.
- Rinse and drain 3 1/2 to 4 pounds chicken wings. Pour some of the Red Hot hot sauce over them and toss.
- Mix rest of spices in bowl.
- Add some of the spice mix to the chicken until generously coated. You will lose some in the cooking, so dont skimp.
- Place the wings on a gas grill (or smoker) and slow cook them at a low temperature.
- After 20 minutes baste/mist with sprayer at least every 10 minutes.
- Flip them after you mist them.
- Total cooking time should be around 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the heat of the grill.
- They are done when they break apart at the joint or you can break the wing tip off.
This recipe was an original recipe on Foodnetwork several years ago. Have been using it since the show was taped. Family loves this recipe. It won several awards and that is how the guy on the show, he was a home-griller cook.