Recipe by josieag
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love hot wings, but there is never enough meat on the bones. These flavorful wing teasers are seasoned with Hidden Ranch, fry up beautifully and pack a spicy punch that varies depending on the strength of your hot sauce.
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup corn oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot sauce
- 1 cup cracked peppercorn ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a sealable plastic bag, combine single packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix and flour.
- 2. Slice chicken breasts into strips, ½-inch wide. Place chicken in bag and shake to coat in flour/seasoning mixture. Shake off excess seasoning and set aside.
- 3. Combine hot melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add hot sauce. Set aside.
- 4. Heat ¼-inch of oil in a large skillet. Being careful not to crowd pan, fry seasoned chicken 1-2 minutes per side until lightly golden and cooked through.
- 5. Immediately toss cooked chicken in hot sauce. Remove with slotted spoon, arrange on serving platter and keep warm.
- 6. To make Bleu-Peppercorn Ranch, in small bowl, mix Hidden Valley Cracked Peppercorn Ranch, bleu cheese crumbles, chopped chives and lemon zest.
- 7. Serve chicken alongside baby carrots, with the Bleu-Peppercorn Ranch.