Recipe by LLW
I found this recipe in an old cookbook that belonged to my aunt...It has been a tailgate staple ever since...Easy to cook onsite with electric skillet and the guys really love it....you can add some wasabi to spice it up a little
- 36 chicken wings
- 1 cup beer (light in color)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off pointed wing tip from chicken wings. (Freeze for making stock)
- Cut remaining two joints apart and set aside.
- In large shallow bowl combine remaining ingredients, except butter; stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate several hours or overnight.
- In large skillet, heat butter or margarine. (I use electric skillet and it works well)
- Drain chicken pieces and reserve marinade.
- Brown the chicken pieces on all sides; remove and add the rest of chicken if it did not all fit (if more butter is needed; add at this time)
- After all chicken is browned, put all wings back into skillet and add part of the reserved marinade.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- You may add more marinade if needed to prevent chicken from sticking to skillet.
- Serve hot -- .