Here's a recipe for roasted garlic without added fat and roasted in it's own skin to retain moisture. This is a great for roasting garlic, so it can be ready when you start cooking in the evening. I've even done it overnight and started cooking in the morning. Mashed potatoes, add to some extra virgin olive oil a touch of salt for a great dip in bread, mix into dressings for veggies or top some broiled fish or meats. Roasted garlic goes great with mashed potatoes, on pasta, or simply spread on crusty bread. Perfect for making garlic bread! I've made 1/3 the recipe in a mini crock pot with great results!
- Place the 6 heads of garlic in one layer in a crock pot or oven proof casserole dish.
- Pour hot wine over garlic and add herbs.
- Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 40-60 minutes or until soft.
- Or in the crock pot for 4-6 hours on low.
- Squeeze garlic out of skins and add to whatever you desire if like me everything!. ;.).