1/2 Photos of Wine-Steamed Beer Can Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Steaming in a can beneath the chicken, wine infuses the meat with delicious flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove giblets from chicken; discard.
- 2Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry.
- 3Cut off and discard excess skin and fat around body cavity.
- 4In a small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper.
- 5With your fingers, gently loosen skin over breast, being careful not to tear skin.
- 6Gently rub thyme mixture evenly over breast meat beneath skin.
- 7Prepare barbecue grill and preheat for indirect-heat cooking.
- 8Rinse can (12-ounce soda or beer can) and shake dry.
- 9Pour wine into can, then carefully lower chicken over can until can is inside body cavity; Gently pull legs forward so chicken stands upright on can.
- 10Carefully set chicken and can, in this upright position, on center of grill (not over direct heat); cover charcoal grill and open vents; close lid on gas grill.
- 11Cook until and instant-read meat thermometer inserted through thickest part of breast to bone reaches 160*, about 1 hour.
- 12Using oven mitts, carefully remove chicken with can from grill, keeping it upright.
- 13Let chicken stand on can for 15 minutes, then, holding a towel around the can to steady it and protect your hands, with a large carving fork, carefully remove chicken from can to a carving platter or carving board.
- 14Carve chicken and serve, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wine-Steamed Beer Can Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1048.7
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 331.4 mg
- Sodium 420.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 77.9 g