Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great side dish for fish or grilled chicken. It came from the Junior League of Little Rock Arkansas.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can tiny peas
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Chop the tomato. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Warm the peas, then drain.
- Place rice, tomatoes, and mushrooms in a large skillet. Add broth, wine, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. cover and simmer 30-40 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in peas and butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Wondeful mix of flavors here. I used less butter. I used basmati rice. And I forgot to add the parmesan at the end. But it was still yummy without it. Thanks Loof :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Made recipe as written, though I used less mushrooms. Great flavors, served with some pan fried salmon fillets . Made for 1-2-3 hits.