Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These look very elegant but easy and lf.
- 6 bosc pears
- 236.59 ml sauterne or 236.59 ml port wine
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- x lemon, zest of, cut in strips
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Peel pears, leaving stem intact.
- Using a small melon baller, remove stems and seeds from bottoms of pears.
- In a saucepan that will accommodate pears upright, combine wine, water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pears, cook over medium heat, maintaining a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow pears to cool slowly.
- Baste pears occasionally with poaching liquid.
- When completely cooled, chill pears.
- Serve on individual dessert plates; spoon liquid over pears.