Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These look very elegant but easy and lf.
Make and share this Wine-Poached Pears recipe from Food.com.
- Peel pears, leaving stem intact.
- Using a small melon baller, remove stems and seeds from bottoms of pears.
- In a saucepan that will accommodate pears upright, combine wine, water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pears, cook over medium heat, maintaining a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow pears to cool slowly.
- Baste pears occasionally with poaching liquid.
- When completely cooled, chill pears.
- Serve on individual dessert plates; spoon liquid over pears.