1/1 Photo of Wine-Poached Pears
These look very elegant but easy and lf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel pears, leaving stem intact.
- 2Using a small melon baller, remove stems and seeds from bottoms of pears.
- 3In a saucepan that will accommodate pears upright, combine wine, water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add pears, cook over medium heat, maintaining a boil for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, allow pears to cool slowly.
- 7Baste pears occasionally with poaching liquid.
- 8When completely cooled, chill pears.
- 9Serve on individual dessert plates; spoon liquid over pears.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wine-Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: