Recipe by IngridNL
We had this yesterday and it was so delicious that I just had to share. The the wine poached chicken combines so beautifully with the creamy basil sauce and fresh green beans. It was fabulous. I originally saw this recipe with a homemade mayo and walnuts, but this simpler version was great.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- 1 -2 cup white wine
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 cups trimmed green beans
- 3 -5 pine nuts
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and basil leaves and whir until everything is green.
- Add the pine nuts and whir for just a second.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Chicken: Poach the chicken breasts in the White Wine for approx 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, tear the chicken breasts into smaller pieces, and return to simmer in the white wine for another few minutes then remove from the mixture.
- Green beans: Cook until tender-crunchy (usually 10- 15 min.) After the chicken and green beans are cooked, combine with the sauce red onion.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with the pine nuts.