Recipe by Manami
Very delicious and simple to make! These are a great side for chicken, steak or roasts.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, medium
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil or margarine until very hot.
- Add mushrooms and saute.
- Keep pan hot while mushrooms brown slightly.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add wine and hot sauce, if using.
- Now place back on heat.
- The liquid should evaporate quickly.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Put flour in bottom of measuring cup and add sour cream; mix flour thoroughly(flour prevents sour cream from curdling).
- Stir cream mixture into mushrooms and artichokes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This can all be done ahead of serving time.
- Reheat just before serving.
- Sprinkle cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.