Recipe by Tish
The best way to use this sauce is to chill the finished sauce and when it has solidified, spread it like butter over your meat. Or, rollit into balls, as you would roll butter balls, and place a ball on each piece of cooked hot meat. It melts and flows over the meat to flavor and season it.
- 1 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups deep red wine (Burgundy, Zinfandel, Merlot, Petit Sirah or Pinot Noir)
- 1⁄2 cup shallots, minced or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the wine, shallots, parsley and black pepper into a sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a fast boil and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by half Remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool.
- When lukeware, thoroughly blend in the softened butter.
- You can use the sauce as is or chill it before using.