Recipe by CIndytc
I have no idea where my mom got this recipe...but I make these every Christmas for my family. I want to pass these recipes down to my kids so I am putting them here for safe keeping. Use a small jar of Apple or Currant Jelly.
- 907.18 g ground sirloin
- 35.43 g package dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml crushed cracker crumb
- 396.89 g bottle ketchup
- 226.79 g jar apple jelly
- 118.29 ml blackberry wine, do not substitute. I buy Mogan David in the cheap wine section
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, egg and crushed crackers together. Form into small balls. Put on Baking sheed with sides. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix ketchup, jelly and wine together and simmer in a pot. Add cooked meatballs and simmer 30 minutes at low heat -- Serve.