Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have no idea where my mom got this recipe...but I make these every Christmas for my family. I want to pass these recipes down to my kids so I am putting them here for safe keeping. Use a small jar of Apple or Currant Jelly.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry wine, do not substitute. I buy Mogan David in the cheap wine section
- Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, egg and crushed crackers together. Form into small balls. Put on Baking sheed with sides. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix ketchup, jelly and wine together and simmer in a pot. Add cooked meatballs and simmer 30 minutes at low heat -- Serve.
Most excellent......Taste is wonderfull..Will use at my next party...Thank you..