Recipe by JenPo
From Bon Apetit. This recipe is great for a dinner party because it is so easy and attractive, but it also tastes really good. The recipe says you can add the leftover wine marinade to chilled club soda to make drinks out of it.
- 750 ml dry white wine (1 bottle)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb red grapes
- 1 lb concord grapes (you could sub this with green grapes)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the bunch of grapes apart into little clusters.
- Combine white wine and sugar in a large bowl and stir to dissolve sugar. (The recipe says not to use an aluminum bowl.).
- Add in the grapes and lemon peel, and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Transfer grapes to a serving tray or shallow bowl and sprinkle with rest of sugar.
- Optional: you can substitute the sprinkled sugar for a bit of fresh chopped rosemary.