These are a delicious way to grill ribs. Be very careful while grilling ribs for at least the first 1/2 hour otherwise they will burn from the drippings falling into grill (unless you put a drip pan underneath). These do require a long marinading time.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook oregano and garlic 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in wine, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Place ribs in a glass dish.
- Pour wine mixture over top; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Turn ribs occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- May want to place a drip pan underneath.
- Remove ribs from marinade reserving marinade.
- Grill ribs on grill over medium heat for approximately 1 hour, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, until ribs are cooked.
- Discard remaining marinade.